Shanghai American School – Online Registration
Parents of SAS students wishing to allow their children to sign up for sports and clubs, are required to read and accept EACH of the following agreements. Your child’s registration WILL NOT be accepted until you have acknowledged the following:
- Permission to Participate / Waiver Agreement Read and Accepted
- High School Activity Contract Agreement Read and Accepted (HS Only)
- Rights and Responsibility Agreement Read and Accepted (HS Only)
- Homestay Policy Agreement Read and Accepted (HS Only)
- Parents should NOT log on before their children as the system can only recognize the request AFTER the students have made those requests.
- Sports = Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4
- Fine Arts = Season 1, Season 2
- Clubs = Semester 1, Semester 2
- CISSA Sports = Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5
- ASA = Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5
- Intramural Sports (8 weeks) = Season 1, Season 2, Season 3
- ASA (5 weeks) = Season 1, Season 2, Season 3
PERMISSION TO PARTICIPATE / WAIVER
I/We understand and hereby, authorize, appoint and empower the Shanghai American School to take any action it deems appropriate for the benefit of the student in case of an unavoidable and/or unforeseeable accident, emergency medical need, or surgical service if a parent or guardian cannot be reached to make decisions. In doing so, the Shanghai American School will not be held liable for giving such authorization.
In addition, it is agreed to promptly reimburse and indemnify the Shanghai American School for any sums incurred as a result of the Shanghai American School’s giving such authorization of obtaining medical care. Therefore, as a condition to the Shanghai American School’s acceptance of the student for trip, we hereby waive and agree to waive any and all claims that we may have against the Shanghai American School, its employees, board members, officials, and/or any individual members associated with the Shanghai American School.
The Shanghai American School does not provide personal insurance for individual students. Personal medical/health insurance is the responsibility of each family. We strongly encourage all families to provide such insurance for their children; or to be self-insured.
I hereby acknowledge that the responsibility to provide adequate personal medical/health insurance lies directly with the family.
Emergency Care Permission
In the event that my child has an accident or illness while attending the Shanghai American School or on authorized field trips or activities outside the school, the chaperones/nurses will make every reasonable effort to contact me or my spouse or other emergency contact prior to medical treatment or hospitalization.
If hospitalization is required, any procedures, surgery, or anesthesia that may be necessary to save the life of my child, may be done via phone consent or my spouse or other emergency contact.
If reasonable efforts to contact myself, my spouse and other emergency contact person are unsuccessful, the Shanghai American School and its designated chaperones/nurses are authorized to:
• Take my child to seek medical/dental care
• To consent any procedure, surgery, or anesthesia, if, in the judgment of the medical staff, such
treatment is needed to save of the life and treat the emergency medical conditions of my child
• Fill in and sign the forms and other documents necessary to facilitate the above medical procedure
• Incur and pay any medical, hospital and ambulance expenses on my behalf as a result of such
injury or illness, including those may not be covered by insurance.