Shanghai American School’s Puxi High School offers a full range of clubs, organizations, and extracurricular activities that are initiated, directed, and run by students. Some of our student groups, specifically Athletic Council, Mu Alpha Theta Math Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Student Council, International Thespian Honor Society, and Tri-M Music Honor Society, have specific criteria for membership, while all others have an open-enrollment policy.
Overall, we believe our clubs and activities should…
- provide experiences that meet and develop the intellectual, physical, and social needs of the student body;
- provide leadership opportunities for students;
- provide appropriate outlets for the expression of responsible ideas and opinions;
- help build a better sense of community and the need to serve in the community;
- help develop the value of cooperation and responsibility;
- help develop interests in activities and endeavors that become lifelong pursuits.
Puxi High School Student Club Report 2015-16
To see a list of all the clubs and organizations that operated in 15/16, please click here.