Today is 1B
IB Flex: Phy Y1
IB Fex: Bio Y2
IB Core 4B Y1
Weekly Quote from Dr. Lee:
“First we design our buildings, and then they design us.”
— Winston Churchill
From HS office
Congratulations to Ms. Dixon’s Homeroom for winning the Pokemon Faculty Go contest! Please send Ms. Dixon to the office to collect your prize.
From the secondary library
IBD Seniors Your next core meeting is Friday August 26th in H211
Want to speak at TEDx SAS Pudong? This year’s theme is Reevaluate. Learn more at our website and send a video application to tedxshanghaiamericanschool.org by September 10th to apply!
B-EAST dance audition
B-EAST, a co-ed hip hop dance crew, is holding auditions September 1 (Thursday) & 2 (Friday). If you’re interested, come to an information session this Tuesday for audition details during lunch in the pool area.
ACT TESTING INFORMATION:
To register, please follow the instructions below.
You can find the registration form and information at:
What will you need?
1) All of your personal pertinent information (date of birth, address, social security # – if you have one, etc)
2) Our school code # (also known as CEEB #) – it is 694322
3) Our ACT Test Center Code (we do not give this one to anyone else, as ONLY SAS students may sit for the ACT at our school – an ACT rule, not ours – so please don’t give this number out. Non-SAS kids will be turned away at the gate should they try). The Test Center Codes are:
4) Your parent’s credit card to pay for the test.
The following are the test dates and registration deadlines for the 2014-1015 school year. SAS students are free to register for testing at either campus. *We recommend that students take the ACT in the Spring of their Junior year.
Test Date Registration Deadline Late Fee Required Campus
Sept. 10, 2016 August 7, 2016 August 8-19, 2016 (Puxi)
Oct. 22, 2016 Sept. 16, 2016 Sept. 17-30, 2016 (Both)
Dec. 10, 2016 Nov. 4, 2016 Nov. 5-18, 2016 (Puxi)
April 8, 2017 Mar. 3, 2017 Mar. 4-17, 2017 (Both)
June 10, 2017 May 5, 2017 May 6-19, 2017 (Pudong)
SAT TESTING INFORMATION:
· Visit www.collegeboard.org to register
· Our school code (CEEB) is: 694322
· Our Test Center Code is: 74361 (do not share this code with anyone else as it is for SAS students ONLY)
· We recommend the SAT be taken for the first time in the SPRING of JUNIOR year (preferably May or June).
· See Ms. Barini in the Counseling Office with any questions.
TEST DATE REGISTRATION DEADLINE
October 1 September 1
November 5 October 7
December 3 November 3
January 21, 2017 December 21, 2016
May 6, 2017 April 7, 2017
June 3, 2017 May 9, 2017
College Visits, 2016 Fall
Mon, Aug 29, 12:45-1:30pm, Cafeteria Entrance
Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne
Wed, Sep 2, 12:45-1:30pm, Cafeteria Entrance
Ringring college of Art and Design
Wed, Sep 7, 12:45-1:30pm, Cafeteria Entrance
Lewis & Clark College
Santa Clara University
Thu, Sep 8, 9:40-10:00pm, Cafeteria Entrance
Wed, Sep 14, 12:45-1:30pm, Cafeteria Entrance
Tue, Sep 20, 12:45-1:30pm, Cafeteria Entrance
Abilene Christian University
Wed, Sep 21, 6:30-8:00pm, Performing Arts Center
University of Pennsylvania
Thu, Sep 29,12:45-1:30pm, Cafeteria Entrance
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science & Art
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Tue, Oct 11,12:45-1:30pm, Cafeteria Entrance
Carnegie Mellon University
Wed, Oct 12,12:45-1:30pm, Cafeteria Entrance
University of British Columbia
Tue, Oct 25,12:45-1:30pm, Cafeteria Entrance
The College of Wooster