Quote of the Week:
How smart are we really? How capable are we really? The truth is, we have no idea.
— Stephanie Pace Marshall
Congratulations to Our Newest Alums!
The 10th Graduation of a PDHS Senior Class was lovely: a beautiful ceremony in a beautiful venue on a beautiful day! Thanks especially to Vice Principal Justin Wild for managing the event, to our student ushers, and to all of the parents who helped out.
All of the graduates are to be congratulated, of course, but special recognition is due to the recipients of our scholarship awards:
- Alumni Award for Service and Integrity: Bradley Chen and Ivy Fan
- Leadership Award: Jillian Kuo
- Spirit Award: Emily Preis and Ian Chau
- Academic Excellence Award: Ivy Fan
- Eagle Award: Bradley Chen
This week for the rest of us…
We have an 8-period day on Monday the 29th, no school on the 30th, and Final Exams beginning after the Dragon Boat Festival holiday on Wednesday the 31st. Finals run May 31st through June 7th.
Congratulations to the Newly Elected PDHS StuCo Executive Team:
- President: Sarah Cho (11)
- Vice President: Linden Li (10)
- Secretary: Linda Wang (11)
- Treasurer: Heather Huang (10)
Please Read for End of Year Information
Please take a moment to download and read this important document. It contains information about the end of the school year including review days, exams, and student obligations from now until the last day of school. This information is extensive and somewhat complex. It is important to read it carefully and to keep it in mind as you plan for these next 7 weeks. Some key points are also covered below. Please read carefully.
FINAL EXAMS/LEAVING EARLY: Please note that the school year ends on June 9. It is very important for students to be able to say good-bye to departing friends – or leave themselves – in a positive way. We build in opportunities for kids to do that – to spend time together, to sign yearbooks, to see each of their teachers, to return all school property, etc. This can only happen if students are here. Therefore:
- Please do not plan for your children to be absent during the week of Final Exams, May 31-June 7. Students should be prepared to attend school on any and all of those days; do not make travel arrangements that interfere with these important final exams. Students will not be granted early or late exams except in cases of extreme emergency or illness which is documented by a physician. Students must take final exams on the assigned days. We had planned to publish the exam schedule last week, but are still working out some final details and will publish it on Tuesday, May 2nd.
- June 8 is an 8-block day when students complete their signouts and see each of their teachers, clean out lockers, etc. It is very important for all students to be in school on that day. All official school records will be held until a student signs out completely for the academic year.
- June 9 is the last day. While we do not have regular classes on that day, we do have time for students to get together, say final good-byes, and enjoy a final end of year assembly together.
All Student and Parent books in by May 31st.
General Information and Links:
Pudong Middle School and High School Joint Schedule 2017-18
Please visit this link to see and download the presentation on our new schedule for 2017-18.
Pudong High School Course Catalog 2017-18
Please visit this link to see and download the Course Catalog for 2017-18.
Official School Calendar for 2017-18
Please visit this link to see and download the calendar for 2017-18.
Our WASC Mid-Cycle Visiting Committee Report and our Mid Cycle Progress Report are both available on PowerSchool. Please login to your PowerSchool account and follow the “WASC Report” link at the top of the page.
College Admissions Updates
Once again, the Class of 2017 is demonstrating that the strengths of an SAS education translate into acceptances at the finest colleges and universities in the world. Our 2016-17 schoolwide college list is online and can be found here:
The list is updated weekly on Fridays.