Quote of the Week:
Almost any experience is improved by paying full attention to it.
— Kelly McGonigal
Spirit Week Continues through Tuesday, then APAC Begins Wednesday
- Monday 4/10 — PJ Day
- Tuesday 4/11 — Class Colors
- Mandatory Meetings for All AP Students Monday and Tuesday, April 10th and 11th
- During flexes on Monday, April 10 & Tuesday, April 11, AP students must attend one of our AP Preadministration Sessions. Come to the LLH at the start of flex period. Bring a pencil.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences April 20th-21st
- Conferences run afterschool on the 20th and all day on the 21st. Please be sure to sign up before the end of the day Friday 17 April.
- Prom will take place on the evening of Saturday, April 22nd, from 7:00pm to 11:00pm at the Grand Kempinski, Pudong. Parents should note that there are no other school-sponsored activities before or after the Prom on that evening. Any other parties or gatherings are private and are not school-related or school-sponsored.
- 4th Annual Iron Eagle Triathlon May 8th
- Parents, teachers and students from Shanghai American School community are encouraged to sign-up for this event. This is a fun, no-pressure event full of camaraderie and excitement that the whole family can take part in. Please register for the event by Friday, April 21st. If you need more information or need an extra registration form, please check out the blog below:
Triathlon Information Blog: http://sites.saschina.org/triathlon/
To run an event of this magnitude, we also need volunteers. If you can help us, please sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f45afab29a0fd0-sasiron
Please Read for End of Year Information
Please take a moment to download and read this important document. It contains information about the end of the school year including review days, exams, and student obligations from now until the last day of school. This information is extensive and somewhat complex. It is important to read it carefully and to keep it in mind as you plan for these next 9 weeks. Some key points are also covered below. Please read carefully.
The school year ends on June 9. It is very important for students to be able to say good-bye to departing friends – or leave themselves – in a positive way. We build in opportunities for kids to do that – to spend time together, to sign yearbooks, to see each of their teachers, to return all school property, etc. This can only happen if students are here. Therefore:
- Please do not plan to be absent during the week of Final Exams, May 31-June 7. Students should be prepared to attend school on any and all of those days; do not make travel arrangements that interfere with these important final exams. Students will not be granted early or late exams except in cases of extreme emergency or illness which is documented by a physician. Students must take final exams on the assigned days. The exam schedule will be published before April 28.
- June 8 is an 8-block day when students complete their signouts and see each of their teachers, clean out lockers, etc. It is very important for all students to be in school on that day. All official school records will be held until a student signs out completely for the academic year.
- June 9 is the last day. While we do not have regular classes on that day, we do have time for students to get together, say final good-byes, and enjoy a final end of year assembly together.
IB and AP Exams on May 1st
May 1 is a holiday for all students except for those who are taking IB and AP exams scheduled for May 1.
Students must check their exam schedules and advise parents if they are taking exams on this holiday. Exams are fixed and cannot be rescheduled. IB students can pick their exam schedule up from the HS office.
On May 1:
- There will be no food on campus
- Limited buses will run
- AP Exams on this day: Chemistry, Environmental Science, Psychology
- IB Exams on this day: Biology, Business Management, Global Politics
More details to come.
General Information and Links:
Pudong Middle School and High School Joint Schedule 2017-18
Please visit this link to see and download the presentation on our new schedule for 2017-18.
Pudong High School Course Catalog 2017-18
Please visit this link to see and download the Course Catalog for 2017-18.
Official School Calendar for 2017-18
Please visit this link to see and download the calendar for 2017-18.
Looking for info on your China Alive Trip or for TheEleven?
Look here: http://sites.saschina.org/pdhschinaalive
Or, for 11th graders, here: TheEleven.
Especially for Seniors and Parents of Seniors
The days are getting longer, temperatures are beginning to moderate, college acceptance letters are rolling in. We are moving closer and closer to graduation! Please take a look at the Class of 2017 Graduation Handbook which has important information, dates, timelines, and forms, all of which you will need to be ready for the big day: Sunday 28 May, 2017.
To answer a perennial question: “Does the school sponsor any Graduation Parties, trips, or other events such as group trips after Graduation?” The answer is “No.” While we welcome visits by our graduates back to school, any individual or group activities by groups of current Grade 12 students are individual or family-sponsored.