Dear High School Parents,
Through Schoology, parents and students now have regular, ongoing, and transparent access to view grades in all courses. As in the fall, we will not have Mid-Semester Reports this semester.
I hope that you have found the Schoology platform intuitive and check it regularly. We encourage you to be in ongoing conversation with your student and with teachers as necessary. If you have not yet done so this spring, please log into to Schoology now to get a sense of how your child is doing academically.
You will have the opportunity to discuss your child’s progress with faculty in person at the upcoming Parent Teacher Conferences which will be held on April 20th and 21st.
Please make appointments online through PowerSchool using the Conference Planner.
Online registration will close at 4 pm on April 17th.
Once you have signed in to the parent portal on PowerSchool, you can make appointments with your children(s) teachers by clicking on the teacher’s link (“Make Appointment”) that will show the time slots available for that teacher.
Although we do suggest that you touch base with all your child’s teachers, you are not required to meet with each individual teacher.
Online sign up process for scheduled interviews:
- Log in to the parent portal on PowerSchool.
- On the left navigation menu, click the Conference Planner. Click on each teacher link (“Make Appointment”).
- Select one 10-minute slot for each teacher. If you require additional time we request that you first contact the teacher directly, so you can coordinate a longer block of time. The teacher will then block off the additional time on their end of the sign ups. We have allowed 5-minute travel time from one classroom to the next between interviews.
- Once you have completed the sign up process, all the sign up information for your family is shown on the page or you can click on the “Print Schedule for Your Family” button with all the conference times, the teacher names, and room numbers. You have the option to print this page too.
- Should you wish to change your appointment you may log back in and alter your time. This can be done until 4:00 pm on April 17th.
- If you would like to schedule, modify or cancel an appointment after the 4:00 pm deadline on April 17th 1st then please contact the teacher directly via email to add, modify, or cancel an appointment.
If you do sign up for a time slot it is very important that you actually attend during your scheduled appointment.
If you have any difficulties with the sign up process in PowerSchool, or need assistance with Schoology, please contact Eric Castro, PowerSchool Engineer at Eric.Castro@saschina.org or the appropriate Vice Principal for your child.
Thank you! We look forward to seeing you and your child at conferences.
Benjamin Lee, Ed.D.
High School Principal