Quote of the Week:
If teaching were the same as telling, we’d all be so smart we could hardly stand it.
Welcome Back to the Year of the Rooster!
I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing, and family-filled Chinese New Year Break. Please remember that Monday 6 February is a professional development day for teachers: no classes for students until Tuesday 7 February.
Official School Calendar for 2017-18
Please visit this link to see and download the calendar for 2017-18.
CONGRATULATIONS to Our Season 2 APAC Participants!
- Forensics @ WAB — Young team made great progress and enjoyed the APAC experience.
- Table Tennis @ SASPD — Boys APAC Champions(2nd year running)! Girls 4th place finish.
Boys Doubles 2nd place—Brett Li & Jeffrey Ruan
Boys Singles 3rd place — Jeffrey Ruan
Girls Single Champion (2nd year running) — Sabrina Meng
- Basketball @ HKIS — Boys 4th place finish with a young team.
Girls 2nd place finish in a tough final against HK.
- Swimming @ SFS — Boys and Girls teams both finished a strong 3rd place.
- Thursday 9th February — Grade Level Meetings during Community Meeting Time
- 12th grade — Senior Class Cap and Gown Photo
- 11th grade — Counseling Meeting
- 9th and 10th grades — Course Selection Meetings
- February 17: Pudong Rocks! And 30-Hour Famine. A double-header of traditional PDHS events. Much more than just a talent show, Pudong Rocks! allows students from middle and high school to showing off their musical talents. 30-Hour Famine raises awareness and money to support children living in famine conditions around the world
Did you know you can research summer programs through our Naviance system? There are 2,895 programs listed and you can search by category, key word or state/country. If you are looking for a summer activity, start here. If you want more information, please visit Naviance, Click on the “Colleges” tab, in the “College Research” block in the middle of the page you will see “Enrichment Programs” on the bottom right. Please see a counselor with any questions.