DATE WITH DAD: Date with Dad is scheduled for Friday, April 22nd with all “Dads” checking in around 2:15, meeting up with their child and activities going from 3:00-5:00 pm. Some students invite uncles, grandfathers, older siblings, or family friends as their guest for this event. Registration with more specific information will be provided the week we return from Spring Break. Transportation will be provided for participants at the end of the event back to Jinqiao and Gubei. This event is one that many of our students really look forward to and we hope to see as many “Dads” participate as possible. For the perfect date stay for the musical performance Hairspray after Date with Dad!
REPORT CARDS: On March 21st your child received their second trimester report card. As we embrace the 21st century, and in an effort to be more global minded, Pudong Elementary report cards will be available online in PowerSchool.
We hope that being able to access your child’s report cards through PowerSchool will be convenient and more efficient. Please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher if you should have questions about your child’s report card.
STUDENT LED CONFERENCES (SLCs): Student Led Conferences will soon be upon us after school on April 7th and all day on April 8th. Conferencing is one of the methods that SAS and our teachers use to communicate with parents. This conferencing process is an important part of our educational program, providing an opportunity for students, parents and teachers to work together. We greatly appreciate your participation in this important aspect of our school.
This semester, for the convenience of our community, we are again offering online scheduling through PowerSchool for your conference appointments. We will begin the process by allowing families whose children span the multiple school divisions to sign up first. By doing this, it will allow families who cross the different divisions to schedule their children’s conferences closer together, reducing wait time or the need to come to the school on multiple days. It is our hope that this process will reduce traffic on the system and be a benefit it all our families.
On Monday, March 21st, if you have more than three children who attend SAS you will schedule times for your children’s conferences via PowerSchool. Once the process is completed for families with three or more children we will open conference scheduling for all remaining families on Wednesday, March 23rd continuing through until Monday, April 4th.
The scheduling of Parent-Teacher-Student Conferences will be staggered by families during the following days:
- Families with Three or More Children – March 21st to April 4th
- Remaining Families – March 23rd to April 4th
Thank you for your consideration and understanding. We look forward to celebrating your child’s learning with you.
Shawn Colleary, Elementary Principal
Important Dates to Remember
- Conference Signup open on PowerSchool for families with 3+ children – March 21st @ 8:00 am
- Conference Signup open on PowerSchool for all families – March 23rd @ 8:00
- Report Cards go live on PowerSchool on March 21st @ 3:00 pm
- PK to 4th Grade Concert – March 23rd @ 10:00 am in the Auditorium
- 5th Grade China Alive forms due to Homeroom Teachers – March 23rd
- T1 Swimathon Registration closes March 25th – CLICK HERE
- 5th Grade MS Transition Meetings – March 25th
- Parent Meeting @ 11:30 am in the LLH
- Presentation for Students @ 2:00 pm in the HS Library
- 5th Grade Migration Museum – March 24th ad 25th
- Parents are invited to visit from 9:00 to 10:00 am and 10:30 to 11:30 am on either day
- Student Led Conferences – April 7th and 8th
- Save the Date: Date with Dad on Friday, April 22nd
- Registration Opens on April 3rd