China Alive is Here!
Tuesday, May 3rd marks the beginning off our week of discovering and exploring our host country. Our Chinese department has created a fun filled week of learning experiences, activities, and field trips. Here are the list of events over the next six days:
- May 3rd – Sports Day
- May 4th – Board Game Day
- May 5th – PK to 2nd Grade Elementary Carnival Day
- May 6th – 3rd and 4th Grade Field Trip Day
- May 9th – Dumpling Day
- May 10th – Performance Day
Our 5th grade heads out on their very first China Alive this Wednesday, May 4th to the Suzhou. This will be the first time we have offered our fifth graders an over night trip and feel this excursion will be a nice transition to the Middle School program where the China Alive trips are a week long. We cannot wait to hear about their adventures.
A Message from our Counselors
Our next Elementary Counselor Parent Coffee will be on Tuesday, May 10th from 8:30 am to 10:30 am in the ES Faculty Lounge. The topic of discussion will be “Transitions: Preparing to Move On, Saying Goodbyes, and Adjusting to New Surroundings”.
If your family is leaving SAS at the end of this school year, whether you are going “home” or to a new international setting, please come join us at the next ES Counselor Parent Coffee, on Tuesday May 10 th. Share the difficulties your family is going through, what you’re working on and learning together, and get suggestions and ideas from other ES parents who are in similar circumstances!
Hope to see you there!
– Allen Wolf, Julie Wild & Brittney Young, SAS Pudong ES Counselors
Important Dates to Remember
- Collage – A Collection of Dance – May 6th @ 6:00 pm in the PAC
- Books to Eat – Click here to learn more!
- PreKindergarten, Kindergarten and 1st Grade – May 16th
- 2nd and 3rd Grade – May 24th
- 4th and 5th Grade – May 30th
- Soccer Days
- May 17th – 3rd Grade
- May 18th – 4th Grade
- May 19th – 5th Grade
- May 20th – Rain Date