Students and Parents,
Thank you for your interest in the Microcampus trip for SAS Pudong Grade 8 students during the 2017-18 school year. The hope is that the information below will help families learn what they need to know to be ready to go ahead with the process of applying for the Pudong Grade 8 student trip, which takes place on the following dates:
- November 18-December 15, 2017
To move forward with the application process for the trip, please do the following:
Students and Parents, it is important that you know as much about the program in order to make a wise decision about moving forward with the application process. A great place to start is the Frequently Asked Questions portion of the Microcampus website. Also, feel free to browse around the Microcampus Website to see student project work, daily journals, and photos from previous groups. Please send any questions you might have to Mr. Craig Tafel, Microcampus Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Mr. Tafel will begin the process with a short introduction of the Microcampus program during a full grade level assembly on Thursday, August 17.
Students who might be interested in applying the Microcampus trip will then need to attend one of three information sessions. Please look ahead at your schedule and be on time for one of these three sessions:
- Friday, August 18, 12:20 PM. Bring your lunch and laptop to Mr. Carozza’s classroom (M309) . . . OR
- Friday, August 18, 3:05 PM. Bring a snack and laptop to Mr. Carozza’s classroom (M309) . . . OR
- Monday, August 21, 12:20 AM. Bring your lunch and laptop to Mr. Carozza’s classroom (M309)
After interested students have attended one of the above sessions, Students and Parents will receive a link to the invitation to attend one of following information sessions to continue the application process:
- Monday, August 28, 3:15 PM. Students, bring your laptops and parents to the Middle School Library (Garden Room), having looked at the list of Inquiry Project Topics . . . OR
- Monday, August 28, 5:00 PM. Students, bring your laptops and parents to the Middle School Library, having looked at the list of Inquiry Project Topics. . . OR
- Wednesday, August 30, 3:15 PM. Students, bring your laptops and parents to the Library Lecture Hall (LLH), having looked at the list of Inquiry Project Topics . . .
After that, parent portions of the application will be due on Friday, September 1st at 8:00 PM. Group lists will be posted on or before September 20th.
Very important: please plan ahead and mark your calendars to make sure you attend one of each of the above sessions. Many thanks for the chance to share more about this exciting learning adventure!
-Craig Tafel (Mr. T.)
SAS Microcampus Coordinator and Teacher