Wow! This week has been packed with special events and activities. We have enjoyed many fun and enriching China Alive activities planned and led by our Teachers of Chinese. This morning, we loved the carnival that was full of Chinese cultural centers. In addition, we had not one, or two, but THREE award winning authors. We were able to hear them speak and teach in larger groups and with our individual class. What an amazing week!
I am extremely grateful for all of the support 1 BE’s parents give our class. Thank you to all the parents who helped with Rock Climbing last Tuesday.
In case you are wondering, our class photo taken last winter was printed with the wrong school year numbers. They are being reprinted with the correct year and should arrive soon. I am sorry I did not inform you of the photo situation earlier.
Highlights of learning this week are as follows:
- Reading and Writing Workshop – Hosting a museum of our teaching stories with PKSB. We also finished our First Grade Book of Facts and can take turns bringing it home. As a cumulative celebration, we had a special recess time with all of first grade later Wednesday afternoon.
- Math – Working with fractional parts of a whole.
- Science – Watching our silkworms double in size within a few days and our corn grow.
- Highlights – China Alive and 3 Amazing Award winning Authors plus Rock Climbing for the 5th and last time this school year.
Please note the following dates:
- Thursday through Thursday, May 14 – 21 – Mrs. Erickson will be in the states. Ms. Connie will be the lead teacher. Ms. Ganga will be the TA.
- Monday, May 25 – 3:00 – 6:00, 3rd Annual Iron Eagle Triathlon
- Monday, June 1 – 3:00 to 5:00, Diabetes Club sponsored Swim-a-Thon
- Thursday, June 4 – Summer Sizzler (Rain date June 5th) & Celebration of Learning (details to come)
- Tuesday, June 9 – First Grade’s End of the Year PTSA Party
- Wednesday, June 10 – 8:30 to 9:00 1st Grade’s Swim Party
- Friday, June 12 – Students 1/2 day and End of School Year
It is hard to believe we now have less than one month together in first grade. Enjoy your weekend!
Award Winning Dynamic Duo –
illustrator/author Eric Rohmann and biographer/author Candace Fleming.
1BE with “One in a Million” author David Shwartz.
Please enjoy the slideshow of our time with PKSB and rock climbing.
Hey everyone! Looking for a great way to have fun before summer vacation? Sign up for the Swim-A-Thon! This event is organized by the T1 Diabetes club and it will take place on June 1st, with signups being due on May 25th. If you sign up, you can help raise money to support the International Diabetes Federation and JDRF. This is an all-school event with students and teachers from all grade levels. There will be prizes for the most money raised and for swimming the most laps. After the event, there will be a potluck banquet. There are limited spots open so hurry and sign up!
Sign ups for the T1 Make-A-Splash swimathon are now open! Please sign up on this (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MB3YPJW) survey monkey! The registration deadline is May 25th and we will only be accepting the first 30 applicants for each session so sign up quickly!